Friday, June 10, 2005

YARN SALE!!!

needlework unlimited is having a big sale. my wonderful hubby let me interrupt our friday date night with a quick trip there. i didn't do much damage, $36 something? big bummer, no cori pink point yarn, but i managed. :) here's what i got!

oh, pretty!
oh, pretty yarn!

what is it?

well this...
GORGEOUS cashsoft...

is two balls of rowan cashsoft dk in an amazing blue!
cashsoft for me!

guess we'll see if this works for me or not. it is SO SOFT and amazing. i have 'issues' with wool. it itches me and makes me hot and drives me crazy. but this, 57% extra fine merino, 33% microfibre and 10% cashmere... and when i hold it up to my neck it feels ok... so i have it sitting there, so far so good, maybe this one will be ok for me? what to make, socks like alison did? or a one skein wonder (although wool makes me hot so maybe not?). hmm...

i scored big time on sock yarns, they are 40% (!) off. there is a ball of trekking (xxl). this is for socks for my hubby, he picked it out! it is very nice yarn, 75% superwash wool, 25% nylon. exciting for him!

also is a ball of sockotta, this is potentially socks for me. 45% cotton, 40% superwash wool, and 15% nylon. i LOVE these colors!
pretty sock yarn, for me?

and lastly is a ball of regia cotton, 41% superwash wool, 34% cotton and 25% nylon. whoohoo! this might be for me?

and what about knitting, did i knit at all? heck yeah! see!
wow!  i'm kicking ass!

i'm up to the bust, just another 8 or so rows before starting the armhold shaping and all that. so exciting! and it fits well. comparing it to the old navy tank i like and it looks good too.
size looks good!

yea! so much for not buying any yarn... :)

No comments: