Saturday, February 25, 2006

knitting olympics - one day left...

my jaywalkers... are finally FINISHED! these stupid socks were pains until the end! i had to graft the toe of one of them about 4 freaking times, somehow i kept screwing up the same stitch and it was wrong. GAH!

but they are done and i love them. once i FINALLY understood the pattern correctly AND the correct size, they knit up well. they just took me forever from my 8-9 rip and restarts, to the grafting issue trying to finish.

i ended up making them in the smallest pattern size, which makes no sense, my feet are freaking gigantic. i have no idea. but i like how they fit now. i did a picot edge on them, which i love. the ribbing was doing nothing for me.

i really like the pattern and it must be the pregtard in me but i've been contemplating doing jaywalkers for my sockapaloooza socks. i'm crazy. it's a great pattern though, i take full responsibility for all of my issues that i had on them. :)

details
jaywalker pattern
cherry tree hill supersock yarn - winterberry colorway

i used just over 3 oz of my 4 oz hank. i figure that i have about 88 yards left. not too shabby, with my feet i'm always afraid of running out. yea!

and pictures of course.

jaywalker socks - finished!

jaywalker socks - finished!

jaywalker socks - finished!

jaywalker socks - finished!

jaywalker socks - finished!

jaywalker socks - finished!

jaywalker socks - finished!

jaywalker socks - finished!

1 comment:

beth said...

Good job on the socks, they look cute!