Sunday, April 02, 2006

I’m pregnant!

Um, cori honey… we know that, remember? We even know that she’s a girl AND that she takes after you and is a booger who doesn’t like to cooperate with other people’s plans.

Yes yes, I know you know this. BUT! I LOOK pregnant now! Like pregnant for real, where people at target or the mall might describe me as, ‘that pregnant lady over there’, SEE!

27 weeks 2 days

27 weeks 2 days - side view

YEA!!! it’s nice to be showing to the world. At our ultrasound at 20 weeks I thought the tech was going to laugh at me, I barely looked like I had a little tummy and when I would lie down it would disappear. I felt like a fraud. No, I swear, I’m pregnant! So finally to have a ‘pregnant’ look… (yes I know, I know, enjoy it while I can. I’m sure you can all come back and visit me in 10 weeks at 37 weeks and see how happy I am about my tummy and being pregnant/huge, but for now I’m happy…) of course I also have foot/ankle/hand swelling, sock issues, heartburn after every meal, shortness of breath, pain in my back right in the middle, but only on the right side... and just in general annoying feelings. But… I guess that’s the price to pay for being a walking miracle, right? :)

So we're at 27 weeks. Which means 13 or so left, give or take a few. The pinwheel blankey for anouk has not yet been started. Soon… soon…

Oh yes, KNITTING blog…

So I DO knit, I SWEAR! Every day on the bus I faithfully work on ron’s socks. I’m finally at the point where i get to start the TOES! Yea! that’s awesome. I’m so excited. Next up to do, my sockapaloooza socks. I feel terrible about these socks. I just don’t have the same drive that I did with sockapaltwoza. I’m tired and pregnant and it seemed like so much time but now… may 1 st is coming soon! Don’t get me wrong, they (barring unforeseen compications) will be done on time, will hopefully look great and sent off to my pal happily. I just don’t have the energy or excitement about it that I feel I should have. So here’s hoping once I pick them up again that they go quickly and seem as if they will fit my pal’s feet!

I'm also to the point where I am farther on my shadow shawl on my addi turbo 6s than I was in the past. Yea! I thought I was far until I took a picture. It seems bigger in real life...

shadow shawl

Also, I feel like a big knitting hoser, like I’m not knitting anything. I don’t know why though as I am knitting. I’ve already stated that I am working on and almost done with ron’s socks. I kinda forget though that we’re watching the first season of 24 (nope, we hadn’t seen it, we’re amazingly behind on this one) and that while we are watching I’m working on a special project. ‘Special project?’ you say, what is it? well. Did I mention that I want to make the stranded/fair isle socks in (sensational knitted socks? If I didn’t and it was just in my head, well I do. so I've been knitting up the fair isle patterns in the book to see which one I like the best. and in the process I'm learning how to fair isle knit. I tried the dropping the one yarn, picking up the other, dropping that one and picking up the original again, but this got old fast. it's so freaking slow! so I've kinda learned how to knit two handed, one yarn in both hands. it's a challenge. I'm a continental knitter, always have been. this english knitting seems so ass-backwards to me. but I'm getting it slowly. I had a few moments where my row went quickly and it wasn't so much thought to do it, as if my hands almost remembered what to do. whoohoo! so there. I AM knitting AND I'm learning something difficult at the same time. I'm no slacker!

now about those sockapaloooza socks...

5 comments:

Knittymama said...

You're at the cute stage, way to go! It's fun, isn't it?

aija said...

Yay for that pregnant lady :)

Unknown said...

Enjoy this time. It is fun when the world knows too. Good luck on those socks.

Anonymous said...

You do look pregnant, congratulations! I'll send you knitterly vibes to help you with your sockpal socks. Just a little help from someone who's been there), take a Zantac 75 once a day....it really helps with heartburn:)

Jessica said...

Oh, look at how pregnant you look! And this was three weeks ago! I simply have to post some photos of me to show I pregnant I don't look. :)